Ready Player One: Part 1

This week I decided to sit and watch Ready Player One. Honestly, I have to say that I went in with very low expectations. Having seen plenty of video game movie adaptations most were average at best.

Ready Player One, however, finally broke that streak for me.

Overall the movie was put together quite well. It had a sort of Willy Wonka-esque plot to it, and I'm beginning to see others put together a sort of parallel between the two films. In short; imagine if Slugworth and Charlie had a duel over who would inherit the Wonka company, and all the kids that love chocolate didn't want Slugworth to win.

Albeit they have similarities, Ready Player One would stand up on its own as it deviated from the Willy Wonka's plot, and added a very unique theme and structure to the film.

As a movie-goer, I wouldn't recommend this film to those that aren't either an 80s and 90s nostalgic, or play video games. If you do go see Ready Player One be sure to let me know your take on it. I will give a little more detail into the key components of the film and what really stood out to me in Part 2!

Comments

  1. A friend of mine highly recommends the book, so you should look into that as well! They say the movie stands up next to it. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Magnificent Seven (1960)

What Next?

Goodfellas