This week I decided to sit and watch Ready Player One . Honestly, I have to say that I went in with very low expectations. Having seen plenty of video game movie adaptations most were average at best. Ready Player One , however, finally broke that streak for me. Overall the movie was put together quite well. It had a sort of Willy Wonka -esque plot to it, and I'm beginning to see others put together a sort of parallel between the two films. In short; imagine if Slugworth and Charlie had a duel over who would inherit the Wonka company, and all the kids that love chocolate didn't want Slugworth to win. Albeit they have similarities, Ready Player One would stand up on its own as it deviated from the Willy Wonka's plot, and added a very unique theme and structure to the film. As a movie-goer, I wouldn't recommend this film to those that aren't either an 80s and 90s nostalgic, or play video games. If you do go see Ready Player One be sure to let me know your t...
Seems like a good ole film I'll have to get my mates together and go for a watchski.
ReplyDeleteI went to see this movie the other night due to your recommendation. I was upset when I got there because the couple beside me was making out awfully loud. Other than that I enjoyed the movie. 10/10 would go be awkward around a weird couple again just to see this movie. :)
ReplyDeleteI think I'm going to go take a seat next to an awkward couple in the theater and watch Ready Player One now that I've read this review. Thanks @Caleb Ferguson and Bryan Landrum. I'll let you know what I think of the movie after I'm done loudly making out with my partner.
DeleteIf you need a partner to go see it with I will gladly be your partner. :)
DeleteI'm sorry @Caleb, but Philip is mine and I will be the only one readying his player because he is my number 1.
Delete