Avengers: Infinity War

I know that when I started this blog, I stated that I would alternate between new movies and classics. However, this week was special because I have been waiting so long for this film. This week is my review of the just released Avengers: Infinity War.
Movie Poster for Avengers: Infinity War
I had to say there were some doubts when this movie was showcased almost a year ago. I didn't know how well having this many developed characters all on one screen would worked. I'm pleased to say it worked out much better than I expected, and wouldn't expect anymore from the Russo brothers.

Plot
Infinity War follows up on the several stories played out in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and ties them all together- that's really all I can say without spoiling anything. From entrances to exits, mashing more than 15 prior movies plots and characters into one frenzy of a party. For those that haven't seen all (or most) Marvel films leading up to this, it might be a bit of an information overload at first, but it calms down. The way it ties all of the prior plots together is fascinating and definitely required some creative thinking. From places they meet to who meets who I don't think could be any cleaner than what Infinity War managed to pull off. The plot has it all from action, to comedy, to thriller, to romance, to tear-jerker. It's a lot for two and a half hours. 

Characters
Again, having so many developed characters all on one screen looked as though it might be overwhelming. Yet again I was wrong. Each character's personality has a highlight, and importance in the film. Though some characters may have a bit more limelight than others no one is left out.
What also shined is their use of comedy. There was a problem in a couple of Marvel movies where the comedy was either too overkill, or too somber for a superhero movie. However Infinity War hit the sweet spot between the two.

Scenery
Honestly, I didn't pay much attention to the scenery in Infinity War, as my eyes were fixed on the forefront. The environments looked cool, and actually play a part in fights and plot, which is hard for some films. The soundtrack was also phenomenal. It really amplified the mood and tone of the film.

It's a short review but I can't overstate how great Avengers: Infinity War was. I would highly recommend you take a seat and watch it soon. Thanks for reading, and next week will for certain be a classic!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Magnificent Seven (1960)

What Next?

Goodfellas